August 21, 2014 15:10
and all other business:
818 889 3856
Mon - Sat: 8AM - 8PM
Pacific Standard Time
Associates Inc. PO Box 6039 Thousand Oaks CA
•Congratulations to the 20 instructors and students who graduated from the Okinawa Budokan Spring Course with Okinawa Prefectural Karate-Do Rengokai certificates of completion. The next event will take place at the same venue from October 4th - October 14th 2014. To view actual footage of this year's CFA magazine seminars at the Okinawa Budokan with instructors Higaonna, Shimabukuro, Shinzato, and Uechi please click the image above.
• Shotokan Karate A Precise History (Second edition.) has been awarded the 2010 Award for Literary Excellence by the Okinawa Prefectural Karate Do Federation (Rengokai).
• The Higaonna Dojo (Naha, Okinawa) has launched its own website. wwwiogkfhonbu.com
• A revised and updated edition of The History of Karate - Goju Ryu by Morio Higanna 10th Dan, Hanshi will be published by Classical Fighting Arts magazine during 2012 as a limited edition hardback.
HAND TOWEL FOR MARTIAL ARTS TRANNING
Cotton tenugui (手拭い), literally “hand wipes,” were introduced during the Edo Period (1603-1868), and became one of the “Seven Essential” items for Japanese travelers, and martial artists.
Ours are limited edition exclusive designs made in Japan by dyeing (not printing) 100% cotton gauze (momen) by hand. To suit international karate exponents, they are 7” longer (14” x 39”) than the standard Japansese size.
The first in the series bears the characters, Hyaku Ren Jitoku, literally “hundred practice self benefit,” a favorite saying of the late swordmaster, Taizaburo Nakamura, or if you prefer, “practice makes perfect”. Supplied in a plastic bag printed with a “noshi” greetings.
order by phone call our office toll free
1 800 717 6288
8 AM - 8 PM Mon - Sat PST.
The Pictorial History of Karate
A Chronicle of the Art
by Classical Fighting Arts Magazine...
…is a lavishly illustrated record of the development of karate from its birth in China to the present.
A painstakingly researched, historically accurate account, written by the foremost karate historians of this generation, & covering all major styles of karate.
This is a genuine limited edition that will not be on sale through bookstores, martial arts dealers or the Internet.
Reserve your copy now for delivery direct from the publisher in advance of this exceptional volume going on sale in 2014. We need only your name and telephone number, you do not need to pay anything now, and you are under no obligation. Once we have a firm delivery date for this book we will call you to complete the transaction.
The Pictorial History of Karate - A Chronicle of the Art Hardback Collector’s Edition . . .. . $100 + shipping.
For more information click
• SHOTOKAN KARATE A PRECISE HISTORY Second expanded edition-by Harry Cook
AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
The second edition of Shotokan Karate-A Precise History by Harry Cook is now available. Supplies of this beautiful book are limited, and it is only available from the U.S. distributor, Dragon Associates Inc.
• 504 pages (180 pages more than the first edition) & 100+ new photos and illustrations.
• Large format A4 size (12" x 8.5")
• Hardbound collector's edition with gold blocked covers.
• Printed on the finest 100 gsm coated art paper “Pavarotti Silk.”Overall weight 4.25 lbs.
• Introduction by Morio Higaonna, 10th Dan Hanshi.
• Printed end papers with matching top and tail bands.
• Full colour, laminated dust jacket.
• Extensive appendices and a full index.
$125 + Shipping.
This volume is distributed exclusively in the U.S. by Dragon Associates Inc. It is NOT available from bookstores, book dealers, or internet suppliers.
Order your copy here:
Shotokan Karate - A Precise History
Read the reviews of the first edition and remember the second edition is larger, better illustrated, and much, much more comprehensive!
Journal of Asian Martial Arts - Dragon Times
of Goju Ryu
The Ten Volume Series
by Morio Higaonna, 10th Dan Hanshi
The author of this multi-part series of programs is the student of An’ichi Miyagi, a protegé of the Founder of Goju Ryu, Chojun Miyagi. The DVD series is a highly detailed explanation of the the applications of the kata (bunkai) as well as other technical issues relating throwing, locking and grappling methods, and their effectiveness.This professionally produced series is full of material that is not available elsewhere, and that is normally taught in the dojo only the those of high rank.
All 10 parts of the Encyclopedia of Goju by Morio Higaonna are now available. Please click
here for full details.